Updated 7/9/2020, 11:28 AM PDT
COVID-19 Impacts to Travel Offerings
Several suppliers and destinations have temporarily suspended operations amid COVID-19 concerns.
The following suppliers have suspended cruise, tour, and/or package operations, with plans to resume operations on the dates listed below:
- Abercrombie & Kent: August 1
- AmaWaterways River Cruise: September 1
- Aqua Expeditions: August 1
- Avalon River Cruises: October 1
- Avanti Destinations: November 1
- Azamara: September 16
- Carnival Cruise Lines: Dates vary by ship and location
- San Francisco sailings: 2021
- Carnival Splendor sailings: September 18
- Carnival Spirit Alaska, Hawaii, & Trans-Pacific sailings: October 7
- Carnival Sunrise sailings: October 20
- Carnival Legend sailings: October 31
- Carnival Radiance sailings: November 2
- All Other Ships sailings: October 1
- All Carnival Breeze from Ft. Lauderdale sailings are cancelled November 7, 2020 through and including March 7, 2021
- All Mardi Gras from Pt. Canaveral sailings are cancelled November 14, 2020 through and including January 30, 2021
- All Carnival Magic from Miami and Barcelona sailings are cancelled March 13, 2021 through and including May 3, 2021
- Celebrity Cruises: September 16
- All 2020 Canada, New England and Alaska sailings are cancelled
- CIE Tours: September 1
- Club Med: Dates vary by location
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay: June 12
- Club Med Cancún Yucatán: July 25
- Club Med Turkoise: August 1
- Club Med Punta Cana: October 17
- Club Med Ixtapa Pacific and Columbus Isle: December 12
- Collette: Dates vary by itinerary. To check the live status of your tour, visit https://reservations.gocollette.com/tour-status.
- China departures: September 1
- Russia departures: August 1
- The 2020 Oberammergau Passion Play has been postponed and rescheduled to begin in May 2022. Guests scheduled to travel to Oberammergau will be contacted and provided with all available options.
- Cancelled for 2020: Alaska Discovery, Canadian Rockies by Train (VIA Rail), Calgary Stampede
- Cosmos: October 1
- Costa Cruises: Dates vary by ship
- Costa Deliziosa: August 15
- Costa Diadema: August 16
- Costa Fascinosa: September 17
- Costa Favolosa: September 20
- Costa Fortuna: October 9
- Costa Luminosa: August 16
- Costa Magica: October 1
- Costa Mediterranea: August 14
- Costa Pacifica: August 14
- Costa Smeralda: August 15
- Costsaver: September 1
- Crystal Cruises: Dates vary by ship
- Crystal Bach, Crystal Debussy, Crystal Mahler and Crystal Ravel: October 1
- Crystal Symphony: October 24
- Crystal Esprit: November 1
- The launch of Crystal Endeavor has been postponed. All scheduled 2020 itineraries have been cancelled.
- Cunard: Dates vary by ship
- Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria sailings: November 2
- Queen Elizabeth: November 24
- Disney Cruise Line: Dates vary by ship
- Disney Wonder: September 15
- Disney Dream: September 16
- Disney Fantasy: September 16
- Disney Magic: October 3
- Emerald Waterways: September 1
- G Adventures: September 1
- Globus: October 1
- Oberammergau tours and vacations are postponed until 2022
- Holland America Line: Dates vary by itinerary and location
- All 2020 Alaska, Europe and Canada/New England sailings are cancelled
- The 79-day Grand Africa voyage on October 3 is cancelled
- Holland America Line has cancelled the following select Panama Canal, Hawaii, Pacific Coastal and South America sailings:
- Eurodam: September 26 (Panama Canal)
- Koningsdam: September 26 (Pacific Northwest), January 16 (Circle Hawaii), February 2 (Circle Hawaii)
- Maasdam: September 21 (Mexico and Sea of Cortez)
- Noordam: September 27 (North Pacific)
- Volendam: September 30 (Pacific Northwest), October 3 (Pacific Northwest), October 10 (Pacific Northwest)
- Westerdam: September 20 (Circle Hawaii), October 7 (Inca Discovery)
- Hurtigruten: July 19
- The following Expedition Cruises sailings have been cancelled:
- MS Roald Amundsen: July 1, July 8, July 19, August 1, August 16, September 13, September 20; all summer sailings in North America have been cancelled
- MS Fram: July 1, July 25, August 4, August 14, August 31
- MS Fridtjof Nansen: July 8, July 23, August 7, August 22, September 6
- MS Spitsbergen: July 1, July 11, July 29, August 8, August 18, August 26
- Insight Vacations: September 1
- Intrepid Travel: October 1
- Journese: Journese continues to monitor developments regarding COVID-19 and its potential impact on travel. For non-cruise vacations, the Customer Service Team is currently assisting those with travel scheduled in June and July 2020. Please call 800.247.4958 or email email@example.com (note scheduled departure date in the subject line). The Cruise Desk Team is currently assisting all cruise bookings, regardless of scheduled departure date. Please call 800.850.6988 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kensington Tours: For those traveling before July 31st, Kensington’s Destination Experts will be in direct contact to discuss the options available to you and provide the latest updates regarding the destination you are traveling to.
- Luxury Gold: September 1
- Monograms: October 1
- MSC Cruises: August 1, with the following cancellations
- MSC Armonia:
- All Caribbean cruises from August 1, 2020 to September 15, 2020 have been cancelled
- All itineraries from Tampa, Florida between November 11, 2020 and April 27, 2021 have been cancelled
- All cruises from Tampa, Florida from May 2 to October 31, 2021 have been cancelled
- MSC Divina:
- All itineraries from Miami, Florida from January 29, 2021 to August 22, 2021 have been cancelled
- All cruises from New York from September 3 to October 23, 2021 have been cancelled
- MSC Meraviglia:
- Sailings departing from Kiel from August 1 to August 29, 2020 have been cancelled
- Canada & New England sailings from September 5 to October 22, 2020 have been cancelled
- 5-day sailing from Miami on November 3, 2020 has been cancelled
- All 7-night itineraries departing on Sundays from Miami between November 8, 2020 and April 11, 2021 have been cancelled
- MSC Poesia: Sailings departing from Copenhagen and Warnemunde August 1 to September 13, 2020 have been cancelled
- MSC Preziosa: Sailings departing from Hamburg August 4 to October 18, 2020 have been cancelled
- MSC Seaside: All Caribbean cruises from August 1, 2020 to September 15, 2020 have been cancelled
- MSC Splendida:
- Sailings departing from Kiel August 2 to September 17, 2020 have been cancelled
- Sailing departing from Copenhagen on September 18, 2020 has been cancelled
- Norwegian Cruise Lines: October 1
- The following October sailings in Alaska and Canada/New England have been cancelled:
- Norwegian Bliss: October 4 & 12
- Norwegian Joy: October 4
- Norwegian Breakaway: October 4 & 11
- Norwegian Gem: October 2 & 9
- Oceania Cruises: Dates vary by ship
- Regatta, Nautica, Marina, Riviera, and Sirena sailings: October 1
- Insignia sailings: October 27
- Paul Gauguin Cruises: August 1
- 7-night Tahiti & the Society Islands voyages departing July 11 and July 18 will operate as scheduled
- 10-night Society Islands & Tuamotus voyage departing July 29 will operate as scheduled
- Pleasant Holidays: Pleasant Holidays continues to monitor developments regarding COVID-19 and its potential impact on travel. Pleasant’s Customer Service Team is currently assisting those with non-cruise travel scheduled in June and July 2020. Please call 1-800-247-4958 or email email@example.com (note the scheduled departure date in the subject line). The Cruise Desk Team is currently assisting all cruise bookings, regardless of scheduled departure date. Please call 800-818-8780 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ponant: July 11
- Some select cruises have been cancelled throughout July. If you have a cruise booked and are concerned that it may be cancelled, please contact Ponant’s Reservations Department immediately via 1-888-400-1082 or email USReservations@ponant.com.
- Princess Cruises: Dates vary by location
- All 2020 Alaska, Canada & New England and Europe cruises are cancelled
- All Keelung roundtrip cruises in August 2020 are cancelled
- All Vancouver and Seattle cruises in September and October on Coral, Emerald, Grand, Royal, Ruby & Star Princess are cancelled
- All 7-day San Francisco roundtrip cruises in September and October on Star Princess are cancelled
- Australia cruises on Sea, Majestic, Sun & Sapphire Princess: September 22
- Caribbean cruises: September 1
- Japan cruises: October 2
- All Fall 2020 Tahiti & French Polynesia cruises on Pacific Princess are cancelled
- Quark Expeditions: November 1
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises: October 1
- All 2020 Canada & New England sailings have been cancelled
- Rocky Mountaineer: August 31
- Royal Caribbean International: September 16
- Voyager of the Seas sailings: October 1
- Bermuda sailings: November 1
- Canada sailings: November 1
- Odyssey of the Seas sailings: Cancelled from November 5, 2020 through April 17, 2021
- Jewel of the Seas: February 14, 2021 sailing from Galveston, Texas has been cancelled
- Scenic Luxury Cruises: Dates vary by location
- River cruises and Land tours: September 1
- Ocean cruises: October 1
- Seabourn Cruises: Dates vary by ship
- Seabourn Encore: October 19
- Seabourn Odyssey: November 20
- Seabourn Ovation: November 6
- Seabourn Quest: November 6
- Seabourn Sojourn: October 13
- Silversea Cruises: Dates vary by ship
- Silver Cloud: October 28
- Silver Explorer: October 20
- Silver Moon: October 2
- Silver Muse: October 10
- Silver Origin: September 5
- Silver Shadow: November 10
- Silver Spirit: November 5
- Silver Whisper: November 10
- Silver Wind: November 11
- Star Clippers: Dates vary by ship
- Royal Clipper: September 5
- Star Clipper: September 12
- Star Flyer: September 9
- Tauck Tours: August 1
- The 2020 Oberammergau Passion Play has been postponed until 2022. Tauck will be reaching out to affected travelers to discuss itinerary changes.
- Trafalgar: September 1
- Universal Orlando Resort: Open since June 5
- Universal Studios Hollywood: Closed until further notice
- Notice: Any ticket purchased for a date during park closure will automatically be changed to one valid until December 18.
- Select CityWalk venues are now open for limited operations from 12-8pm daily. Individual venue hours may vary.
- Uniworld: August 1
- Viking Ocean Cruises: October 1
- Viking River Cruises: October 1
- Select itineraries on the rivers of Russia, Ukraine and China have been cancelled through the end of 2020
- Virgin Voyages: October 16
- Windstar Cruises: Dates vary by ship
- Wind Spirit: September 3, 2020
- Wind Surf: November 29, 2020
- Wind Star: January 16, 2021
- Star Breeze: October 27, 2020
- Star Legend: March 1, 2021
- Star Pride: July 5, 2021
- Argentina has suspended international flights until July 17; nationals and residents returning to Argentina are subject to quarantine for 14 days, updated June 29.
- Australia has closed its borders to non-citizens and non-residents, updated July 2.
- Austria has barred non-Schengen Member State citizens and non-EU citizens from entering the country, except for those departing immediately or traveling on business, updated June 30.
- Passengers to the Bahamas must have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test result issued at most 10 days before arrival, updated July 1
- Belgium has barred all non-citizens from entering the country until June 30, except for those passengers from EEA member States, Switzerland, and the UK, updated July 3.
- Brazil has barred non-citizens and non-residents from entering the country until July 29, updated July 6.
- Nonessential travel across the Canada-U.S. border has been temporarily restricted, effective March 18.
- Canada has closed its border to non-citizens and non-residents, updated June 10.
- China has temporarily suspended entry by foreign nationals holding visas or residence permits, updated June 12.
- Costa Rica has closed its borders to non-citizens and non-residents until August 1, updated July 2.
- Croatia has barred all non-residents and non-EU citizens from entering the country, updated July 2.
- The Czech Republic has barred all non-EU citizens from entering the country, updated July 1.
- Denmark has temporarily closed its borders to non-EU citizens and non-residents, updated June 29.
- El Salvador has closed its borders to all foreigners until July 22, updated June 24.
- The European Union has barred United States residents from entering EU countries in the Schengen Area, updated July 1.
- Finland has barred entry for all non-citizens and non-EU members, updated July 6.
- France has barred entry for all non-citizens and non-Schengen Member State passengers, updated July 3.
- French Polynesia has closed its borders to non-citizens and non-residents, updated July 6.
- Germany has barred entry for non-citizens, non-residents, and non-Schengen Member State passengers, updated July 3.
- Greece has barred all non-residents and non-EU members from entering the country, updated July 6.
- Hungary has closed its borders to non-citizens and non-EU members, updated June 22.
- Iceland has barred all non-residents, non-EEA Member State passengers, and non-Schengen Member State passengers from entering the country, updated June 15.
- India has barred all international flights (except for humanitarian, medical, and relief flights) until July 31, updated July 6.
- Indonesia has closed its borders to non-resident foreigners, updated July 3.
- Israel has closed its borders to non-citizens and non-residents, updated June 29.
- Italy has barred non-citizens, non-residents, and non-EU members from entering the country until July 14, updated July 3.
- Japan has banned foreign travelers from the United States, Canada, and over 70 other countries until July 31, updated July 1.
- Kenya has suspended international flights, updated May 13.
- Malaysia has barred non-citizens and non-residents from entering the country until August 31, updated July 2.
- Mauritius has closed its borders to non-citizens and non-residents until August 31, updated June 18.
- Nonessential travel across the Mexico-U.S. border has been temporarily restricted, effective March 20.
- Montenegro has barred all non-citizens and non-residents from entering the country; this does not apply to passengers from select countries in Europe, Asia, Africa, the Caribbean, South America, and the Middle East, updated July 1.
- New Zealand has closed its borders to non-residents and non-citizens, updated June 22.
- Norway has barred al non-citizens and non-residents from entering the country, updated June 16.
- Panama has suspended all international flights, updated April 21.
- Peru has closed its borders and cancelled all international flights until July 31, updated July 1.
- Poland has suspended all flights into the country until July 14, updated July 1.
- The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago has suspended all international flights and closed its airports until July 19, updated July 2.
- Romania has barred all non-citizens and non-EU citizens from entering the country; flights from Belgium, French Overseas Territories, Iran, Netherlands, Spain, Turkey, the United States and the United Kingdom are not allowed to enter Romania, updated June 24.
- The Russian Federation has barred entry for all foreigners, with the exception of diplomats, airplane crew members, and permanent residents, updated March 26.
- Saudi Arabia has suspended all international and tourist travel to the country, updated May 19.
- Seychelles has barred all non-citizens and non-residents from entering the country, updated June 17.
- Singapore has barred all short-term visitors from entering the country, updated April 29.
- Slovakia has barred all non-citizens and non-residents from entering the country, updated June 24.
- South Africa has suspended all incoming international flights, updated June 12.
- Spain has barred all non-residents and non-EU passengers from entering the country until July 8, updated July 6.
- Sweden has barred all non-citizens and non-EU passengers from entering the country until August 31, updated July 3.
- Switzerland has barred all non-citizens, non-residents, and non-Schengen Member State citizens from entering the country, updated July 6.
- Thailand has suspended flights and barred all non-citizens and non-residents from entering the country until July 31, updated July 1.
- Uganda has suspended all international passenger flights, updated June 26.
- The United Arab Emirates have barred all non-citizens and non-residents from entering the country, updated June 30.
- Effective March 19, The United States Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory advising U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The Department of State encourages you to visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
- Vietnam has closed its borders to non-citizens, updated May 22.
- Zimbabwe has closed most airports and suspended flights (except those for essential services), updated May 19.
Information from Suppliers
In light of recent concerns in the travel industry regarding the Coronavirus, Boca Express Travel has created a repository of the latest travel advisory updates from our suppliers for your convenience. We will continue to review and modify this list as we receive updates.
Abercrombie & Kent
African Travel, Inc.
June 18th, 2020
PLAN AHEAD AND BOOK WITH FLEXIBILITY AND PEACE OF MIND DURING TIMES OF UNCERTAINTY
In an uncertain time, we are offering you certainty and peace of mind. Our number one priority at Aqua Expeditions is to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of our guests and crew throughout this challenging period. As a small ship expedition company, that is ISM (International Safety Management) compliant which ensures highest hygiene and safety standards for vessels, we guarantee a maximum of only 30/40 guests aboard offering world-class experiences in exotic destinations.
Considering the evolving situation around the globe, we are adopting special measures to address our guests’ concerns about travelling and booking.
- We have amended our booking policy in order to offer you flexible conditions allowing you to postpone your trip free of charge to provide you with peace of mind with regards to your travel plans.
- Suspension of all scheduled departures in accordance with the travel restrictions and border closures placed by the governments in the country of our destinations, with planned departures resuming August 2020.
- We took early, swift and decisive action to maintain strict anti-viral hygiene standards on all our vessels and are performing health screenings for all passengers prior to embarkation. We have no cases of COVID-19 onboard of any of our vessels. Aqua Expeditions has been following, and will continue to follow, the advice released by the World Health Organisation for coronavirus prevention.
- Case-by-case assessment will be made for embarkation of guests who have travelled to/through COVID-19 crisis regions in the past 14 days. We reserve the right to deny boarding of guests in order to maintain the wellbeing and safety of our passengers and crew.
- On board controls include pre-boarding medical evaluations i.e. past travel assessments at reservation level, mandatory health questionnaire providing detailed information 14 days prior to boarding, standard health reporting at embarkation, additional temperature checks by our resident paramedics and registering of all cases with flu-like symptoms to relevant authorities.
- Masks and hand sanitizers are provided to all guests and crew as needed, as well as increasing the level of environmental disinfection in addition to our regular stringent sanitation protocols.
*All measures are subject to change and to any imposed requirements from local authorities
To add reassurance to our customers’ travel plans, we work with Ripcord insurance, offering an option to purchase comprehensive travel insurance for any unforeseen travel modifications of your entire trip.
We continue to monitor the situation, so that we can be responsive and attend to our guests in the highest level of safety and comfort.
Francesco Galli Zugaro
CEO & Founder, Aqua Expeditions
COVID-19 UPDATE – Applied to bookings departing through October 31, 2020
If you have customers scheduled to travel next month, our team will be reaching out via email to review options for all affected bookings departing on or before October 31, 2020.
How does the Land Future Travel Credit (Land FTC) work?
- Avanti will provide a Land FTC which can be used for travel to be completed by December 31, 2021. This credit can be used to any destination that Avanti sells.
- The Land FTC is issued per person. Not all people have to rebook together on the new booking.
- After the new booking is created, the Land FTC(s) will be applied and deducted from the gross total. If the new booking exceeds the Land FTC value, the passengers are responsible for paying the balance of the booking.
- The Land FTC is not refundable and has no cash value.
- Commission will be paid on the new booking, not on the cancelled booking.
Additionally, please note that we have made the following updates to provide the most flexibility for your bookings affected by the COVID-19 pandemic:
- The Land FTC can be transferred to another person. An Indemnification Agreement Release form must be signed and returned back to Avanti Destinations.
- The Air and Land FTCs are not dependent on each other. In other words, you can take either the Air or Land FTC stand alone. Please note when accepting only the Air FTC, land minimum requirements still apply.
- If the air has been ticketed via the Air Deposit, Avanti will issue an Air FTC for the value of the Air Deposit for bookings scheduled to depart on or before October 31, 2020. The air does not have to be paid in full before the Air FTC is issued. The new airfare must be equal or greater value of the original airfare.
- Final payment for future bookings will be due 45 days prior to departure (instead of 75 days).
For more details and further terms and conditions, please visit https://www.avantidestinations.com/WebHomeCovid19.jsp?a=covid-19.
If you have any questions regarding this, you are welcome to call our dedicated COVID-19 hotline at 1-888-970-0341 Monday-Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm PST to speak to a specialist.
Carnival Cruise Line
CIE Tours International
Disney Cruise Line
Holland America Line
Norwegian Cruise Line
Regent Seven Seas
Royal Caribbean Cruises
Universal Orlando Resort
Universal Studios Hollywood
Viking Ocean Cruises
Viking River Cruises